back to top?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 @ 6:08 AM

Work has been great, at least much better than working in the Kindergarten because I can now sit comfortably in my own cubicle rather than running after kids in the hot sun. hahah. Met a few really nice people who guided me and made me look forward to work everyday. :) Most of the people there are really amicable and v friendly! Some people who pass by my cubicle will actually stop to have a little chat with me from time to time. And because my division is just next to the health officers' department, I hear interesting stories like " Oh, xxx primary school has 5 students down with hand food mouth disease!" and " xx people got diarrhoea after eating vvv Nasi Lemak! " and many many more. Quite an interesting place to work in I should say, interesting people, interesting environment.

But i'm quite sad that Mabel's leaving at the end of this week. I'm supposed to be Mabel's temp by the way, I'm in cause she's leaving. Although i've only known her for one week plus, I think she's someone I'll remember for life. It's really so much fun working with her, don't think it'll be easy to get used to it after she leaves this Friday. :( But well, people come and go. Hopefully i'll bump into her on the streets someday.

And even though I just started my 2nd week there, I've heard so many ghost stories about that place and it's making me quite paranoid. (oh no) I dk why but apparently everytime we have group lunch lunch we'll end up talking about ghost stories. And those stories are not difficult to believe since those buildings used to be a taken up by a medical school. Some more people who saw them are still around in the office so it's definitely not mere hearsay. Freaky! But the building i'm in is still not that bad I suppose, just that people doing OT always hear typing at night even though they know they are the only ones left. And the security guard sometimes get a reply when he shouts " anybody in?" at night when everybody has left because he finds no one in the office later. Okay, but the one that really freaked me out was the toilet one and just thinking about it now gives me goosebumps so I shall not talk about it here but i can't believe i went to bathe after my gym session in the same cubicle as where they saw it. omggggggg!!!! So i sort of have a phobia of going to toilets now, all toilets.Thankfully I have my toilet mates! hahhaa.

Know what happened today? Mabel and I were in the toilet and when we were washing our hands we heard weird noises. It sounded like vomitting at first but it was continuously such that it ended up sounding like someone growling. I totally freaked out and instinctively grabbed Mabel's hand and dashed out of the toilet. It was really frightening and at that moment I was seriously freaked out like omg what did i just hear?!!
But guess what.......................................
It turned out to be a colleague of mine who played a prank on us cause she knows we're v paranoid after hearing all the stories, and she was laughing her ass off in the toilet after hearing us scream and run out like idiots. After knowing the truth I couldn't stop laughing for the next 15 min cause the sound she made was really funny come to think of it. It's definitely scary if it came from a supernatural being but funny if it came from her. Can't believe she did that to us la, if she didn't come and own up i'll never ever dare to go to the toilet again.

Okay, that's a little update of my new job :) Work load may get a little heavier after Mabel leaves next week but I heard there's an intern coming in so hopefully she'll help to lighten my work load.

Cheers